Invalid wayspot appeal - Tennis Courts 3 & 4, Tennis Courts 5 & 6, Tennis Courts 7 & 8

When submitting a Wayspot Appeal, make sure to include as much of the following information as possible:

  • Wayspot Title: Tennis Courts 3 & 4, Tennis Courts 5 & 6, Tennis Courts 7 & 8

  • Location (lat/lon): 38.076142, -97.915920

  • City: Hutchinson, KS

  • Country: USA

  • Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information):

  • Additional Information (if any): These should be one wayspot as they are all the tennis court area and are duplicates of Fairgrounds Park Tennis Court Records Board, 38.076351, -97.915620 which represents the tennis courts as a whole.

There is some debate on situations like this since each court can host a seperate game. In this case each group of courts even has it’s own fencing. The rule on golf courses is because you use the whole course in one game.

How is a records board a duplicate of a tennis court?

They are separately numbered and separately fenced courts so I personally would not consider them duplicates.

I do think, however, that a better position for the Wayspots would be at the numbered entrances as shown on the photos.

Although it seems to be the agreed opinion that multiple tennis courts can be individual wayspots it is 1 that I don’t agree with the argument…

Each lane in a bowling alley can host a separate game but I would not nominate the bowling alley more than once if it went over 2 cells.

As stated, some debate and 1 that I just have to accept that these are Accepted.

It might come as a surprise to some, but I am in complete agreement with @SlimboyFat71. I strongly dislike this idea of submitting multiple tennis courts that happen to have a arbitrary divider between some of them.

My local example could have three wayspots with this way of thinking, even though it has a single entrance and all the courts are booked the same way, so its arbitrary that it’s three sections.

Thanks for the appeal, @rawwrs! We took another look at the Wayspots in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.

I have to admit that part of me respects the sheer gumption (and probably tenacity) it took to get all of these accepted, but yeah, one POI for a tennis club would be the ‘correct’ approach for me.

Exceptions: An interesting pavilion, a court for a different type of racket sport, a piece of art within the tennis club, a picnic area sharing the space etc.

There was wording in the (ancient) past that separately fenced areas would be eligible separately, so that is how I still view courts like these. The separation makes them a different destination in my mind, much like the playground clarification.

Wasn’t that in relation to playgrounds? Might be a different statement that I’m thinking of though.

I looked back through a discord chat and found where a user had asked on the forum about submitting separate tennis courts, and had been told by staff that it was one per enclosure. That comment is no longer accessible, but the thinking around it made sense to me.