Wayspot Removal Report Appeal: Parken - Connected by 3

When submitting a Wayspot Appeal, make sure to include as much of the following information as possible:

  • Wayspot Title: Parken - Connected By 3

  • Location (lat/lon): 55.703238,12.573063

  • City: Copenhagen

  • Country: Denmark

  • Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information):

  • Additional Information (if any):

The Wayspot represents Parken, the Danish national stadium, and is a clear duplicate of the Wayspot “Parken” at 55.702586, 12.570451. It should be clear both by the title, the location, the pictures, and both descriptions including the same details - that it is the Danish national stadium, that it is used by both the Danish national soccer team and FC København, that it was finished in its current form in 1992. Unsure why my report was rejected, but the location for this new duplicate Wayspot was at least moved from the middle of the football pitch to the side of the stadium.

Also the aerial photo is cropped from a shutterstock photo: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/copenhagen-denmark-june-26-2019-parken-1529349632

Ah, seems like the report was rejected because the old Wayspot was deleted instead. Oh well; I do wonder if someone along the way here intentionally got a duplicate approved, then made a duplicate report, to get a Pokémon Go gym removed and thus manipulate the game board.

Mmmm this is odd.

And the first time I have seen a photo with no thumbing option, which is good as it does appear to be 3pp.

If the original location was in the centre of the field that would not be appropriate as it interferes with play. So it should have been relocated.

Absolutely. I was just puzzled by the decision as moving it obviously doesn’t solve the duplicate issue.

But removing the older Wayspot, then moving the new one to an appropriate location obviously does solve that. It does seem easier to just remove the new one, but… :-).

Yeah, I have never seen that before either. I believe it might’ve been ported over from the old (now-deleted) Wayspot, as I do remember noticing it before, but I might be misremembering. I don’t think that would cause it however, but certainly a weird edge case.
EDIT: The photo now does show as added on the 12th of August, and has the thumbing option.

It appears that the newer Wayspot “Parken - Connected by 3” has now been removed from the Wayfarer database again. However, it seems as if “Parken” is also still gone?

I am unsure why “Parken - Connected by 3” is gone now, as it isn’t a duplicate if “Parken” stays removed. But of course if “Parken - Connected by 3” is now gone for some other reason, I hope that “Parken” can be re-instated - if the Wayspots were indeed deleted due to duplicate issues, I do not see why both of them should be deleted, at least as opposed to keeping one of them.

Thanks for the appeal, @JakobHelms! We gave this a second look and have already retired the Wayspot in question.

@ScopelyExpLC

I feel like continuing the topic here is better than opening a new one is the right thing as this is at least tangentially related, but my apologies if I should’ve opened a new one instead :-).

I can see on the Wayfarer Map that the originally existing Wayspot “Parken” is now back in the database at its original coordinates - 55.702586, 12.570451. The Wayfarer Map also lists it as a Gym in Pokémon Go, which it was prior to its removal. However, it does not appear in-game in Pokémon Go, nor does it appear on the Pokémon Go map.

I believe - and correct me if I am wrong - that the “Parken” Wayspot was removed due to being a duplicate of “Parken - Connected by 3”, after “Parken - Connected by 3” was accepted as a Wayspot. With “Parken - Connected by 3” now retired, I do believe that the “Parken” Wayspot should therefore be accepted back in the database (as it is no longer a duplicate), and that it should be free to appear in Pokémon Go, and I do not see any placement rules that should prevent it from appearing.

  1. Could you clarify if “Parken” at coordinates 55.702586, 12.570451 is now properly back in the Wayfarer database?
  2. If so, that “Parken” has been un-retired as Wayspot after “Parken - Connected by 3” was retired, could you clarify why “Parken” does not appear in Pokémon Go currently?

While looking at reporting this duplicate issue originally, I also discovered that the nearby Wayspot " Fodboldspillere" was misplaced by 20-30 meters. I reported this to Help Chat, which moved “Fodboldspillere” to its current location at 55.701415, 12.572975 - it appears with these coordinates on the Wayfarer map, and has done so for approximately 3 weeks. However, both in-game in Pokémon Go and on the Pokémon Go Map, it still appears at its old coordinates of 55.701605, 12.572787.

  1. Should this move not have synced to Pokémon Go by now, or is there something I am missing? It seems like a rather long time to have corrected data appear in the Wayfarer database without that correction syncing to Pokémon Go.

Hope you are able to help clarify the current status, thanks in advance.
All the best,
Jakob