We have a bunch of kids in our area creating these spoof Wayspots and you need to be more careful about approving them. Please don’t just reject my appeals because I am trying to be the adult in the situation. I just want fair game play for all.
Wow. I was hoping to be able to tell you that your report was rejected because another report had been accepted, but I see it is still live on the submit map. It is even clearer that it is SFPRP in the layers view.
The Greenbrier Horizons Wayspot is next to a pedestrian crosswalk and there is an island that people can stand a wait without vehicle traffic so I don’t see that as an issue.
The Florence Scout House was named because the scouts helped refurbish the municipal property and they do use it, but it is used by all residents for public gardening, voting, and other public activities. I would not say it is used primarily for children activities.
I don’t disagree with repositioning Little Forge Mills playground but it’s in that general area so I don’t usually comment on that level of accuracy. Your location would be better.
Thank you for your thoroughness and consideration of my input.
That’s an interesting observation. My interpretation has always been that you come within reasonable proximity to the POI and observe it in a way consistent with what the POI is. Not that you need to physically touch it. If that were the case, there are many POI’s that should be excluded (and I would disagree) such as signs that are elevated above reachable height, statues with fencing or landscaping around them, cemetery headstones that have barriers to protect them, artwork in many scenarios that aren’t meant to be touched, etc. I’m more of a hiking purist, take only pictures and leave only footprints. If I can reasonably see a POI and appreciate it for what it is, then I appreciate that POI when it’s a Wayspot. I see your point, which highlights the subjective nature of these conversations.
It is a common subject on the forums and many wayspots have been judged by staff not to have “Safe Pedestrian Access”
You should ignore Pokemon Go’s “Interaction Radius” as wayspots could be used on other games that don’t have that rule.
Wayfarer does not involve with altitude so you should be able to reach the long / lat even if the wayspot is above.
The landscaping is then part of the wayspot.
The barriers will be part of the memorial. If it was just “safety barriers” I would reject.
You don’t need to touch the wayspot just be able to reach it or it’s intended surroundings.
In this case the sign is the wayspot and you can’t get a raid party stood at the location safely.
A common one is when a sculpture is placed on a traffic roundabout / island. It could be safely played from the pavement / side-walk but it should still be Rejected.
Thanks again. This helps when nominating or reviewing in the future. Is there anything more I can do to get the official reviewers to overturn their decision on the Creek Adventure Playground removal? Or do I just hope they read my initial post? Thanks again for your support.
Staff have told us they read all posts on the forum. They will get to this. Sometimes they act first then reply here later. If you haven’t seen any movement on this here or in game in a couple of weeks, feel free to bump the post. There is no need to tag staff members.
Ok. So now they deleted half of the waypoints in my area including some that were not even mentioned here. Is there a way to find out why so many were deleted? I suspect 3 were deleted due to being on residential property but they were not. It is a township owned property that used to be a house on 5 acres and is now used for a variety of public purposes. I had that argument many years ago for 2 of the waypoints and successfully documented public ownership of the 5 acre parcel.
Staff have not weighed in on this appeal and marked it solved yet. You could list the ones that you believe were removed in error, and ask for reinstatement. They will have had evidence if they removed the wayspot, so you should try to give evidence that it does exist and does meet criteria to be a wayspot. If the ones removed were the ones listed by @SlimboyFat71 then those are probably not going to be reinstated.
(I did not look at the surrounding area when I first looked at this appeal, just that wayspot. I wonder if staff maybe went through and deleted anything submitted by the abuser? I have no idea what was here and what is gone.)
I just want to know a reason why. These are on public municipal property where I walk my dogs and use the public garden space. The community garden Wayspot is also removed. I established these Wayspots years ago after providing a lot of documentation regarding ownership not being residential and being public for all, not just children even though scouts helped restore the property. It is not theirs alone. I see many spots less worthy. I was only pointing out completely fraudulent Wayspots. These are not by a large stretch but if there’s a reason why I don’t know.
Thank you. I also don’t disagree with the Greenbriar Horizons deletion you also made as pointed out by @SlimboyFat71. However I do take issue with the 3 deletions you made at 1042 Potts Mill Road. I made another post appealing those deletions separately and would appreciate your review. I posted information there on documenting public ownership of the property (it is municipally owned, not residential). I can provide additional details if there’s another reason why these were deleted. They are used for a variety of purposes and the scouting program only uses the property occasionally, it is not it’s primary use.