When submitting a Wayspot Appeal, make sure to include as much of the following information as possible:
Wayspot Title: Meadowood Rec Center
Location (lat/lon): about 40.97913,-80.55471
City:New Middletown
Country: USA
Screenshot of the Rejection Email (do not include your personal information):
Additional Information (if any): This was a wayspot i nominated when i first moved into the community, it is the community rec center and im not sure why this was removed.
I remember seeing this wayspot before. Have you ever posted it on Reddit?
As @SlimboyFat71 noted, the coordinates you provided are in the middle of the car park, rather than at the entrance of the building. I do think when I saw this wayspot before that I had noticed that the location was off and I may have mentioned this at the time I saw it.
Also, looking at the map near this location, “Meadowood Basketball Court” looks very suspicious, as the pin is on a building, whilst the picture shows a basketball hoop that’s clearly outdoors. Could you explain what’s going on with this?
I did try to edit it but i have trouble being able to find where exactly to edit the locations of wayspots. I did post it on reddit and the location was off. This was when i was new to nominating wayspots. I stood at the place i took the picture and didnt think twice about the location marker. Ive tried to do better in my more recent nominations.
As for the basketball court, admittedly its a small childrens court with a seemingly walmart grade hoop crudely installed by the community manager. As for the location, the satellite image is outdated as new construction has happened within the year. Theyve added an entire playground and hoop as mentioned, a few pavilions and connected the two streets where the wayspots are at. A few trailers have been moved to accommodate the new construction.
I agree this rec center looks like some random house and yes the coordinates are not in the correct spot. Ill even say “rec center” is a stretch of a name but i didnt know what to call it. Its a community building with no nameplate anywhere. Its kind of just there, near the playground and pavilions. What can i do to, i guess, “prove” what it is? And where exactly can i go to edit locations? Ive looked a few times, and nothing jumped out at me.
Hi, @GreatGig! Due to insufficient evidence, we’re unable to restore the Wayspot in question. If you have additional evidence to share, such as geotagged images or 360° video, please write back to us or submit a new appeal with the additional information, and we’ll take another look.
Sometimes you just can’t prove the use of a location. There are two mosques near me, but neither have signs. One looks like a large house and the other could be a lock-up / warehouse if you didn’t know. I can’t show people in there praying any more than you can show the community building in use.
I just keep a vague eye on them when I pass by in case they’ve decided to put up a sign / other obvious evidence.
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Would i be able to just resubmit the wayspot with the correct coordinates? When this was submittted, i was new at it and didnt put the location on the building, rather just where i was standing when i took the picture. If i just resubmitted with the correct location l, would that be okay?
You would be better to provide the evidence that Scopely Explore asked for.
Generally, when Scopely Explore have removed a wayspot, resubmitting is risky (both game and wayfarer accounts). Since you have been given a route for continuing the appeal, take it.
A video, that starts from something which is clearly visible on streetview, would be good evidence.